Gobble, Gobble



These wild turkeys in my neighbor's yard don't know what happens in November.

During the summer there were two adult females and 17 "poults" that wandered through our neighborhood daily.  They have all grown, and the count is down by at least two.   I'm not exactly sure what they are eating in "Bill's" yard, but there may be lots of tasty grub thriving under the new fall of walnut leaves.

Listening and seeing these wild creatures is enjoyable.  However, knowing that their introduction to the hills around the valley has not been kind to the native grouse is not.

















Comments

Intense Guy said…
Nice to see a post from you!

...and wow! Wild Turkeys. I assume they aren't native though? Rarely seem them in my part of PA - but have seen more than usual this summer down in Delaware and Maryland's eastern shore.
KaThYinCoLoRaDo said…
Gobble. Gobble. GobbleGobbleGobble. Great pic.
chrisb said…
I think it's great to see wild turkeys, as it's not a bird we have wild in the UK!!
Faye said…
It's just so much fun to see what wildlife shows up in the 'burbs. Recently I spotted some turkeys along the parkway. And saw turkey vultures in the park. Do they damage your landscape and gardens?
Jill said…
we have wild turkeys and even turkey season around here IL/MO area. They get to be HUGE and can be dangerous to the grills of cars!

we even have a flock running in our woods this year, current count is 10.
karmyn R said…
After watching the documentary "My Life As a Turkey" - I don't know if I'd want them around....they get pretty aggressive as they get older.
Unknown said…
I used to watch some turkeys in my neighborhood in Wisconsin. Haven't seen any around here. Yours look mighty tasty!
Sayre said…
We had a couple in our neighborhood last year, but I think they've either moved on or became dinner...
karisma said…
We get bush turkeys here, they are really destructive to gardens but beautiful birds. Very bold creatures. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it