Swallows and Sprinklers at Sunset

The Bank Swallows wouldn't pose. We went out last night to watch them off cottonwood road at dusk.

They nest in the dirt banks where the road cuts through the rolling fields. The wind was blowing and the birds were riding it like surfers catching the waves; the wheat fields were ebbing and flowing in breezy harmony. (The insects come out in hordes in the cool of the evening.)

Because I got discouraged with the birds, I turned my new little digital camera towards this farm equipment. It's probably taking a well-deserved rest at the end of the season.


.

Comments

Amanda said…
Wow, beautiful pictures!!! Almost looks kidna scary, like a tornado is'a comin' lol

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it