Writing gives me another
excuse not to clean house.
The Border Patrol
At least thats what my cousin in Alaska called it when she E-mailed me this photograph. (UPDATE: I'm wondering if it is Canada... and if the road sign is photo-shopped in? Any guesses?)
Yeah... I think I would be turning my car around. Besides, who wants to drive the 5 extra miles to the End of Earth anyway?!!??! ;)
Anonymous said…
cute bears.
off the subject! I read on Heathers post your husband was a firefighter? Ohhh I secretly have a thing for firefighters. My friend and I call it CODE RED when they are at the grocery store we shop at. A few weeks ago they were doing the boot money thing at an intersection near our business. 4 of the men were from my church. I got change for a twenty and drove around and around the block dropping one dollar at at time. Ahh firefighters.
I don't know what's funnier; the fact that there are bears casually strolling on the highway, or the fact that the "End of Earth" is only 5 miles away.
The mouse business began last month when a bad aroma began to annoy me. I nervously checked the compost crock and the garbage can and even peeked in the oven to see if a piece of meat had been left to die there. My nose finally led me under the sink to a forgotten mouse trap. Sure enough, there was a little furry creature ripening under the hot water pipe. Gag me. The snare and its little feast of long dried up peanut butter had been prepared several month previous; set by WR in response to my reminders (nagging) that we needed to be prepared for the winter mouse invasion. I'd left the primed trap alone, acknowledging each time I noticed it with careful avoidance. After our catch, we were once again aware that the field mice had found shelter under the house. And, that at least one had squeezed through the small opening around the kitchen pipes into the warm cabinet under the sink. WR set another trap with fresh peanut butter. Now I am paranoid. I keep hearing things: Paper...
Comments
off the subject! I read on Heathers post your husband was a firefighter? Ohhh I secretly have a thing for firefighters. My friend and I call it CODE RED when they are at the grocery store we shop at. A few weeks ago they were doing the boot money thing at an intersection near our business. 4 of the men were from my church. I got change for a twenty and drove around and around the block dropping one dollar at at time. Ahh firefighters.
Jenny in Ca
Elizabeth Joy
They look so cuddly.
Perhaps they coming back to tell their families that "they have been to the end of earth".
Maybe it's an initiation only for the bravest of bears.