Are there more out there?
Eventually I spit out both. Like today. (Yes, it was sour.)
Back in time Burnett's Urban Etiquette tagged me to write my memoirs in six words or less. I've waited so long to respond that James has moved away... to a blog that is a more "formal" part of the newspaper. He writes for The Miami Herald. (He's a great writer, too!)
So -- my life story in six words. "I think I can do it." Not really. That was my response when he handed me this assignment. Here is the real one:
"I want to do it over."
This stems from a lifelong dissatisfaction with all my first attempts. Possibly originating with my order of birth.
As the youngest of eight, I always knew someone older and wiser would respond to my pleas for help or advice. My older siblings came along and cleaned up my messes or took over my half finished projects.
It is tough to enter the family chain of command at the bottom. Everything has already been done, and done better than you can do it (at least in the eyes of the youngest.)
So...no...I'm never happy with the first product of my efforts. I also admit to rejecting many of the redoes.
This admission leads to a second MeMe handed to me by Karina. She is an entertaining writer that juggles three blogs, Candid, Cafe, and Creative, and works full time. I bet she does everything right the first time.
Here is her request: Six Random Things About You. (Me, actually)
Obviously the first one we just covered.
(1) I never get things right the first time. But I digress.
(2) I buy the more expensive soft toilet tissue. Believe me (refer to #1) when I say I have tried all the others.
(3) I balance my checkbook to the penny and I straighten out the edges of all my paper money and turn the faces all the same direction. BUT,
(4) I don't where I set my glasses or took off my shoes.
(5) Yellow roses. (No red, thank you very much)
(6) I do not watch horror movies. I get anxious, my palms become clammy, and my stomach churns to the point of nausea. So if you insist on my presence - bring a bucket.You may think this post is tame. Argh. Maybe I didn't get it right. Or, I already wrote all the juicy stuff during the past two years. The random meme just keeps showing up like a bad penny. (If you are interested in my previous confessions, you may find them in my side bar labels under TAGS.)
If you haven't already posted this meme - take a few minutes and write your memoir or some egotistical random trivia. (Then, Email me when your post is up. )