Bacon Bacon

 In November I spent several weeks with my daughter after her surgery. 

One evening,  9 year-old grandson Squeak was playing a game on his computer with his best friend Arty.  The Covid way - both at their own homes connected live on the internet.

My daughter and I had enjoyed listening to them joking and giggling while they played. When Arty's mom called him to dinner,  Squeak disconnected and walked in to sit with us.

"Arty's family is vegetarian," my daughter mentioned. "In fact, I think his mom is a vegan!"

I looked up at her from my Kindle to connect my thoughts.

"You know," I sighed, "Being a vegetarian is fine. But I could never be a Vegan. Can you imagine never having butter or cheese?"

"Just nope!." She answered.  "Cheese is not negotiable."

"I could be a vegan, " Squeak announced with some serious head nods. Then he added a clarification.

"As long as I could eat Bacon!"


Comments

Coffeypot said…
I could never be a vegan or vegetarian, but to help them out, I eat the critters who eat their food. Kinda revenge, you could say for destroying their food.
Jill said…
enjoyed the last few posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it