Pills

 It was 1970 when dad and mom came to visit me in Corrales, NM.  I lived in a very old  style square adobe house at the edge of the small town.(At the time it was said '1000 people, 2000 dogs, 3000 registered horses.')  It was primitive with a breath-taking view of the Sandia Mountains.


 I saw dad on his knees in the dusty yard. So, I ran out fearing he was having a stroke or heart attack.


Instead, I heard him chanting " doodle up, doodle up, doodle up bug,"

Oh! We shared a rare moment and giggle that day.  He had discovered the vortex of an ant- lion... AKA doodle bug.

The nostalgia washed over me this morning.  

 I have not experienced a doodle bug here.  But on occasion I do giggle over the usually hidden pill bugs.  My grandchildren call them roly- poly.

No one was here to share the moment.  So, lucky you.



P.S.  I was truly chasing a hummingbird ..so I'm not totally losing focus.




Comments

Jill said…
thanks for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it