Arty Tar

I don't even know what to say about the repairs on the asphalt.   I see them every morning on a particular street.  Early because I want to exercise before the old sol furnace kicks in.  It's been blistering hot.


I wonder who is the artist that swirls the stinky hot substance into such awesome designs.  I wonder if the designs are done with intent or just with abandon.  I wonder if the person is working in a very toilsome job because being an artist just didn't provide for a home or a family.


I wonder what more wise and contemplative people might say about the markings that will soon be worn away by tires and the eroding weather.






The one that probably satisfies me most was from David Henry Thoreaus: "The world is but a canvas to our imagination."

  

 





Comments

Coffeypot said…
It us unmercifully and humid here, too. But I did figure something about the heat/cold thing. Heat EXPANDS and Cold CONTRACTS. That is why the days are longer in the summer and shorter in the winter.
Beauty and art are in the eye of the beholder...perhaps he was smoking something real good:)
Unknown said…
I love this! What a pleasure it must be to walk past. How wonderful that while patching the road, he took a moment to make a peace sign and other interesting designs. I wonder if the peace sign was the only one with intentionality? Or whether they all meant something to him?

Good thoughts.

I always love the way you think! <3 <3 <3
Wendster

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it