The Blues

 Watching the weather channel makes me feel very guilty. In some states, friends have endured weather colder than Antarctica.  But, in our little corner of the world it's been a fairly easy going winter.  The local snow pack is currently 93%, so at least the mountains around us are getting some normal winter moisture.

From our back yard we can see the Blue Mountains over the neighbor's fence.  And, they're on my mind. I'm hoping that winter snow pack is protecting the beauty that bursts forth in May.  Here are some samples to distract from that polar vortex . . . . . .


Lady Slippers / Orchid Family                                                           Striped Coralroot / Orchid Family





















Field of Balsomroot / Sunflower family


Small False Solomon Seal / Lily Family

















Wild Iris



Heart Leaf Arnica





Yellow Lupine



Pine Tree
                                            Larkspur





Of course I would still enjoy a nice couple of snow days before spring.

Comments

Beautiful, especially The Lady Slipper! I could send you some snow!
I have enjoyed my time here.It's looking so real.very nice.Thanks
Intense Guy said…
Just grays and browns here... No snow - lots of mud.

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it