Nicole B. is hosting another scavenger hunt.
I just love photo memes. Especially the ones with a challenge.
Most of these photographs were taken since the first of May. A few had to be pulled from my archives in order for me to make the deadline and get on the road. Yes, I'm leaving in the morning and will be out of touch for awhile.
So here's the list. Done at last!
1) A Souvenir. Our daughters celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a surprise Hawaiian luau in the back yard. That's my lei - I couldn't throw it away.
2) A Fish. "Blub Blub" and his pal were so happy in our pond. When we saw babies, we realized that happy wasn't the half of it.
3) A Religious Building. A repeat from three years ago. Yes, I've been blogging religiously for three years. June 11, 2006. Happy Blogiversary to me.
4) A Fire Department. Reminds me of those days when my husband was fighting fires and saving lives. That was years before the doors were pink. (Okay - it was the sunset that painted them pink.)
5) A manhole cover. Poignant. Every manhole cover needs a control valve.
6. A Postcard. Of a much larger hole. Mount Mazama Volcano and Crater Lake Caldera in Oregon. A very very old postcard with an artists rendition.
7) Water. Several times a week I walk the creek path. This bottle sized boat was caught in the churning water under the berm. Maybe a little Sasquatch earning a scout merit badge.
8) A communication device. How does a blind person feel when he/she hears the screeching star wars call to battle and then the countdown. "Five, four, three, two..." Freaks me!
9) A life event. One that few people will experience. There were two cakes, and enough left over for her 200th birthday. She could make it.
10) A foreign stamp. Lucky for me, my daughter is involved in Post Crossing and I snuck into her stash of postcards and rifled through them. I didn't think she'd notice. I wasn't aware that she kept them stacked neatly in the order in which each was received.
11) A tree. It looks like the last embrace. "Please don't leaf me." Too late.
12) The living space of a non human. Possibly alien. You really want to know? It's a Bullocks Oriole nest in the top of a tree, next to the Christmas Tree dump.
13) A Street Mirror. Does this make my grass look big?
14) A Decoration Fixed on a house. My neighbors who live behind us. Although she insists we live behind her.
15) A Foreign Flag. It's in front of McDonald's, so I think we'll rule out Mordor, the land of shadow.
16) A Fire. Speaking of Mordor...! Okay, just a big bonfire after the corn roast.
17) An Antenna. He's checking out why the reception is so snowy. Feather brain, we're on cable.
18) A Phone Booth. Booth? Uh..............
19) A "verboten" sign. Toss, as in salad? Or Toss one's cookies? (I betcha that WT has another entirely different meaning in the land of Oz.)
20) A Beach. Here's some tossing I get. Tossing waves. And hungry gulls feeding at the water's edge - behind me and The Caboose!
21) A Cityscape Portland in February with a backdrop of Mount St. Helens. (She tossed her cookies in 1980.)
22) Something Goofy. Colton's nose. You can't stop looking down into his nostrils, can you?
23) Something Carved. My husband bought this little wooden man forty years ago in Guayaquil, Ecuador. It's about the size of a four year old and had to be stored in and slept with in his bunk on the submarine all the way around Cape Horn.
24) An Eye. The eye of a dragon being restored in a carousel museum. If you dare to look deeply into it, you'll discover that his icy glare captured my spirit.
25) Something Rural. The scavenger hunt is over for the season!
Did you make it this far? Well, thanks for sticking with me.
As always, you are invited to see the other "hunters" over at Nicole's blog.
PS ...................... I'll see you when I see you.
One of these days I'm going to have a lap top to travel with me.)
Bury My Heat at Wounded Knee
4 hours ago