My Autographed Copy

Here I am, checking out Kelly's autograph on the story she wrote entitled Ten Thousand Miles in Blue Streak. It begins on page 103 of Chicken Soup for the Soul, Celebrating Mothers and Daughters.

Kelly told me a while back that she remembers rolling through my town during her "Blue Streak" days. Her mom chauffeured her in a '73 Midas motor home pulling a horse trailer while Kelly competed in shows.

The book is my prize for winning one segment of a photo caption contest. Today is the grand finale whereby she is posting a current photo and another opportunity for readers to win a signed copy of this new issue of Chicken Soup. Get your creative juices rolling and go win your copy at Pass The Torch.

The only downside was that I agreed to post my own picture. There were no rules to follow about the photograph-- except--- that the photo be current.

Believe me; the book is so good that I did not want to put it down.


I suppose you could caption my photo, too. Did someone say "Bwaaaak, Bwaaak Bwaaak Bwaaaak?"

Comments

Kelly Curtis said…
Hehehehe - I LOVE IT!

You're a clever one, Pamela. Glad you're enjoying the book;)))) And thanks for joining us with your photo!
Anonymous said…
Oooooooo, Pamela, you're ALWAYS so mysterious :) (or is it that you just have something to hide???). LOVE this one! Yep, you're chock full of cute!!

In any contest, dagnabit, I anticipate your entry with eagerness and sadness--they're always pun-a-licious and lol hilarious, and I know the contest is over when you're playing the game ;).
its_amyia1977 said…
LOL...finally we see the upper half of the face. Maybe if you take a picture of the lower half of your face I could put two and two together! LOL...
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your win that thanks for the links to more great blogs...as if I have time to read any more.
What was the name of that show with Tim ? the house guy where the neighbor only showed the top half of his face? I like your 'version' better.
Kila said…
I like the photo! I probably wouldn't put that book down, either.
Bonnie B said…
Congrats on the contest! I wouldn't want to share my photo either. I detest having my picture taken. Love how you did it though!
Anonymous said…
At least you don't have a Birch thingy across your upper lip.
ChrisB said…
Congratulations - very artistic photo.
Anonymous said…
winning a book is always a good thing!
Anonymous said…
Be sure to check out my latest post.
Pendullum said…
Congrats on your award...
Hope to find my way back again sometime!!!Looks like you have a fine blog here!!!
Susan in va said…
YOU should write a book, Pamela! You are the Queen of Clever Quips in my opinion. I enjoy reading your comments out in "blogdom" as much as I enjoy reading your posts. You are one funny, clever, creative lady - not too mention a really fantastic grandma from what I've seen.

So, go on. Write a book. And send me an autographed copy ;)
Susan in va said…
I know you've already been nominated for that thinkin' blogger thingy, but I nominated you, too.
C... said…
You look marvelous, book and all.
Anonymous said…
What a creative shot of you! Congrats on winning the book!
Peter said…
Hi Pamela, I am creating a photo blog of all my friends now at least I have an image of you, with some I intend to use blackmail... by telling them which photo will appear if they don't supply a better one!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Aww cute pic;) congrats on winning!! sounds like a good prize.
Susie Q said…
What a special prize! I had a poem published in Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul...it was a fun time. The bools are special and each one has it's own personality. : )
I know you are enjoying your very own autographed book!
You should write one yourself!!

Hugs,
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it