Jammin' was Tough

I've neglected my watercolors. I should be painting
every day - but I'm lucky to get set up once a week.
It is time to pitch all my brushes and get new ones.
There is a point at which they no longer hold the "juice" (as I call it) and the smooth texture is unattainable.

My "To Do" list includes doing a painting that is
reasonably well done of each of my beautiful grandchildren.

Jammin' is f.i.n.a.l.l.y complete and "At the Framers!"

There is a framing shop in town that employs a wonderfully gifted sculpting artist who does the framing. She shares my taste in frame choices. I could hand per a painting and say "Frame it" and trust her to choose the perfect fit. However, I don't put her under that much pressure. I pick it.

Yesterday, while chatting with her, I confessed that there were at least six Jammin' s at home. Some half done, a few complete. Something wrong with each.

She laughed.

"You know Pamela," she smiled so soothingly, "there is an artist we work with who paints commissioned watercolor portraits. She told me that she is on her eighth attempt of the same picture."

I feel much better now.

Comments

BarnGoddess said…
wonderful Pamela!

I love the smile :) youve caught the expression.....
Susie said…
That smile is beautiful! What talent you have!!
xo
Anonymous said…
Pamela!! That is so beautiful!

If that is "reasonably well" I cannot imagine what a masterpiece would look like.

Beautiful. Amazing.. You have a gift.
Anonymous said…
Just gorgeous! The light is divine.
Beccy said…
That is wonderful Pamela.
Bobbi said…
Wow. Totally amazing!!
Ms. Kathleen said…
Wow, to be able to paint. You know, I have never even tried. At least since a teacher told me I was pathetic and gave me a very disgusted look, like I had some major contagious disease. Some teachers should be shot.

You know, I might just try it. What do I have to lose?

That painting is awesome! Treasure the gift!
ChrisB said…
That is just a beautiful painting.
Masago said…
Very well done!
theotherbear said…
What a fab thing to do - and it looks great!
Kila said…
Beautiful! What a special keepsake that will be!
Unknown said…
That is stunning! It's so great that you have the ability to capture your grandchildren like that! Truly a family treasure.
BlondeBlogger said…
Pamela, you are so talented!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!!
M@ said…
Well, I can't wait for Buttercup's painting. That's very well done, Pam!
Biker Betty said…
You are so talented. It is so hard to find time to do the things we love to do. Your grandkids are very lucky.
Elizabeth Joy said…
Maybe I could paint like you if I could paint even once a week. That's not happenin' now days. The garden has taken over, and I'm doing other things on Tuesday night, so I'm not at painting class either. I really think your painting turned out spectacular. I'll have to find out which frame shop you like, in case I ever finish another painting worth framing.

Elizbeth Joy
AngelConradie said…
thats a beautiful painting! so much laughter!
Heather Plett said…
That's really beautiful! I have such a yearning to take an art class, but it's so hard to find the time in my too-full life. But for everything there is a season...
Mary said…
WOW! I wish I could water color like that! I think people who can are amazing... once you make a mistake with water colors it is very hard to fix.

That is breathtaking, Pajamela :D I love how you captured the sunlight lighting his hair from behind.
Tiggerlane said…
That is an absolutely fantastic painting...you are AMAZING!

Wow. I'm totally stunned. Karmyn is so lucky to have you as a mom.
Anonymous said…
You are an incredible artist and an AWESOME grandmother!!!
Anonymous said…
Your paintings are awesome.. want to do one of my kids;)
Sunrunner said…
That's a very nice picture!!!
Anonymous said…
you are extremely talented, no matter how many tries it took you to get the finished painting you wanted.

What a treasure for jammin' to have one day!
Intense Guy said…
Another charming painting... so bright.. so sunny... and so magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it