Thank You Lord (By Ricky Nelson)

Thank You Lord
Rick Nelson

Thank you Lord for lovin’ me
For giving me the chance so I could see
The love that you feel inside for me
You’re everything I want you to be
And I thank you, my Lord

Thank you Lord for being there
You take me thru life and you always care
I think about the times I needed you
You were always there to see me through
And I thank you, my Lord

Thank you Lord you’re my friend
You give me the strength to start over again
When life becomes hard no ones seems to care
I reach out for you and you’re always there
And I thank you my lord

Thank you Lord for lovin’ me
For giving me the chance so I could see
The love that you feel inside for me
You’re everything I want you to be
And I thank you, my Lord



Ricky Nelson was my first crush. He was a heart throb that could sing. I could listen to him all day. I could look at him all day. He wrote some sweet music.

He wrote this song that speaks so clearly for me on this Thanksgiving Day. Thank you Lord.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wanted to be Ricky Nelson when I was a kid, unfortunately I turned out to be Lumpy.

I think Rick Nelson did the best music of his career just before he died. Same goes for John Lennon.
Shauna said…
Happy Thanksgiving Karmyn! Awesome song. . .
Devon said…
Very nice.. Have a peaceful holiday! I haven't blogged lately, but all is good and I will try for more dicipline! Today was a good start!
Pamela said…
Shauna's already on the whisky and nog ha ha ha ha
Amanda said…
Mom, you know nothing about drinking. It's RUM and Nog!! Whiskey and nog sounds horrific!

Love you, Happy turkey day mama (and Curly Mop says Grandma!)
Anonymous said…
Pam been reading your site I love your writings Rose
Bonnie B said…
Happy Thanksgiving Karmyn-- oops I mean Pamela. I thought maybe it might be switch blogs day or something after I read Shauna's comment-- it gave me a chuckle. How many times I've almost done the same thing myself!!! You and Karmyn are the tops!
Anonymous said…
Lovely! Happy belated Thanksgiving.

By the way, you're it! (I've tagged you.)
Robin said…
Aren't you glad your daughters keep you straight?? I'm almost caught up...COOL!
Anonymous said…
i liked ozzie and harriet ivy

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it