Weary and Burdened.......

Don't you wish that life was like a straight road. You could view what lay in your path ahead, there would never be any curves, and you would never be suprised by any life events because you could always see so far in the distance that you would be perpetually prepared.

Our Curly Mops daddy made a nearly successful attempt to end his life in the wee hours last thursday morning. We are heart sick.

Depression is a disease that can be terminal. The symptoms often include denial of ill health and the refusal to seek treatment.

Without help and without hope they sail too close to the edge of the cliff. It only takes a small gust of wind to drive them into the rocks - shattered.

Matthew 11: 28,29, 30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Comments

Yvonne said…
I'm so sorry to hear that - I don't know what to say, your post just sort of hit me....
SongBird said…
My prayers are with you and those you love.
Anonymous said…
neat sailboat. ivy

Popular posts from this blog

Apparitions in my Garden

An Old Cold Spot

I Can Almost Smell it